Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Father-son day!

Kim is making me write one of these blogs... it's not all bad, though - get to talk about my day with Harrison while his momma went out to play with her friends.  She was concerned, for whatever reason, because I haven't had the chance to keep him by myself for a whole day yet... but I knew it'd be an awesome day. 

We went to my work's picnic Saturday around lunch.  I wasn't completely prepared as I didn't bring any toys or a blanket for Harrison - fortunately, there are 6 others in the department I work in that also have babies close to his age, so there was a plethora of toys, blankets, diapers, wipes, and anything else a little guy could need.  Yea, a plethora - if you're not familiar, watch Three Amigos. 



By the time we left the picnic he was worn smooth out and crashed on the way home while listening to some classic rock.


I woke him up when we got to the house and fed him some delicious squash and some type of grape / berry / applesauce concoction.


By the time he knocked that out - it was time for a nice long nap while daddy watched the Baylor baseball game. After nap, we went out to enjoy the lovely weather with a wagon ride around the neighborhood. Harrison is a fan of being outside, so we took every opportunity to get out. I put a cap on him - which he usually throws right off - but I think he actually enjoyed the sun blockage from his eyes so he left it on.



At this point, the only thing that could make this day better is some Sesame Street - so that's exactly what we watched when we came in from the wagon ride. I've gotten very familiar with the Sesame Street characters since starting to watch with him - and I know which characters he really likes - so I'd yell their names out when they came on... he'd get excited, as usual, and watch intently so he didn't miss anything. In the meantime, when his not-so-favorite characters were on, we'd play with the bouncy ball he got from Uncle Reed and Auntie Em, and some other toys, and work on crawling as fast as we can and even try walking. He's so close to taking off and walking on his own, just not quite there yet.  


After Sesame Street, we ate some dinner and then closed out the night with some Finding Nemo, then some NBA playoff action. I couldn't believe how fast the day flew by, but this was all we could fit into one day...... well, all of that plus about 5 renditions of "Barnyard Animals" - which was his book of choice for the night. 





All in all, it was a great day and I loved the opportunity to spend some quality father-son time with my big man!

During Tim and Harrison's father-son day, Kenna and I were enjoying the Tim McGraw and Kenny Chesney concert from the nosebleed section at Cowboys Stadium!




Fun times for everyone!  

2 comments:

  1. LoL!!!! Great job on the post Timmy!! Sounds like y'all had a pretty perfect day together. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Tim! You're a NATURAL!!!

    ReplyDelete