Friday, March 1, 2013

19 months!

Harrison turned 19 months old last weekend.  I seriously can't believe how fast this kid is growing up!  He has turned into such a little boy.  There are days when I look at him and think, "slow down just a little, you're getting way too big, way too fast!"

Some of his lastest obsessions likes:
- his doos (shoes), docks (socks), and dat (hat)- These 3 things are pretty much a necessity at any time of the day.  He has even been known to sleep in his shoes for a nap here and there.  In fact, last night I went in to check on him before we went to bed and noticed he still had his shoes on (over his feetie pajamas).  Thankfully I was able to get them off without waking him. 

-his Toms- He refuses to wear any other pair of shoes he has!  I'm not sure why, but for some reason he likes them the best.  Maybe they are the most comfy on his little feeties...who knows?!  The other day I tried to get him to wear his tennis shoes.  I made a big deal about how his shirt was yellow and the shoelaces on his tennies were yellow...no luck.  He wanted the Toms, and who am I to argue with a 19 month old at 6:30 in the morning.  At least he wants to wear shoes! 

-potato head- This is the first thing he wants when he wakes up in the morning.  He sits in his crib and points to it.  After he gets dressed, he takes it to the living room and dumps it out.  He never wants to clean it up. 

-blueberries- He would probably eat a whole container of them if I would let him.  For several weeks we  had a hard time getting him to eat fruits.  I bought fresh blueberries one day, and you'd think we never fed the kid.  He gobbled them up!  Especially with a little Splenda sprinkled on the top ;-)

-bathtime- We got him bath crayons, and he has TONS of bath toys.  He would sit in the tub for hours if we'd let him!

-outside- What can I say??  He is ALL BOY!!  He LOVES being outside!  He will throw a HUGE fit when it's time to come in.  I can't wait for warmer weather so he can spend more time playing in the yard. 

-the dishwasher- Everytime we empty the dishwasher, he wants to "help."  I usually give him the things that go in the tupperware cabinet to put up.

-his spoon-  Even if his meal doesn't require a spoon, he still wants one!  He will say "boon" until he gets one.

-keys- He loves to play with old sets of keys.  He uses them to "fix" things alot. 

His vocabulary continues to grow every day.  He is trying to say more and more things, and we are starting to understand more and more things.  It amazes me how much he understands and takes in.  It's fun to watch him explore and learn.  He's at such a fun age right now! 





No comments:

Post a Comment